Thursday 25 July 2013

Etsy & Instagram

Cripes!  Hadn't realised how long it had been since I last checked in.  The summer holiday's have started here so I've had company which is lovely but not entirely productive.

I've been up since 5am and with a cake iced and gammon glazed (I must be mad), while the rest of my household soundly sleep, I thought I'd just tell you about a couple of things I've been meaning to post about.

First up, I've finally taken the plunge and joined Instagram!  I'd seen lots of fellow bloggers saying how good it was so thought that I'd take a look at what all the fuss was about.  Truth be told, it's rather good!  I love looking at all the lovely photographs people keep posting.  If you felt so inclined, you can find me under the very unimaginative name of 1940STYLEFORYOU.  Technology wise, I can be a bit of a dunce so when I first joined, I had my settings down as private which meant no one could see my pictures but I've corrected that now :o)

My second bit of "news" is that I have set up an Etsy shop.  If you follow Landgirl1980 then you might already know about my little old shop because Charly did a splendiferous review about a couple of corsages I sent her, which you can see here.  I've already made a couple of sales, which made me do a happy dance, much to the amusement of my girls!  There isn't much on the shop at the moment because the 1940's re-enactment season is in full flow so I'm having to keep plenty of corsages for the events and fairs, but there are a handful on there and I hope to eventually add some beautiful original pieces of 1920's and 1930's clothing.  Unsurprisingly, my shop is called 1940's Style For You.  I have added a little link in my sidebar, but if that doesn't work, you can find the shop here

We spent yesterday packing the van ready for a weekend of fun at the Festival of the Forties.  It looks set to be a great event, I shall try and remember to take some photographs! 



I hope you have fun, whatever you have planned this weekend :o) x



3 comments:

  1. Oh off to find you on IG :)

    Enjoy your weekend - it looks like a good one xxx

    I am off dancing / camping / drinking cider!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had a look in your shop - WOW!
    Julie xxxxx
    PS I'll email you over the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to say have a lovely time over the weekend, hope the weather stays fine.
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete